HMAS LEEUWIN 1963 - Dedications

Dedication to K I FIELDING 20th October 2019 written and spoken by John Hatchman

Id like to thank the family for the opportunity to summarise the time on earth of one Kenneth Ian Fielding known as “KI” “Fieldrat” or “Ding”.
Born in Townsville in 1947.
I first met him on a train out of South Brisbane in 1963, heading for Perth to begin the journey of life and experiences he certainly did that we were 15 at the time.
At 16 we were involved in one of the worst maritime disasters in Australian history …HMAS Melbourne collided with the Voyager with the loss of 84 sailors.
When you have known a person for so long there are many stories to tell, a lot of these I have penned on these sheets of paper but are always entrenched in my mind because our careers in the RAN mirrored each other, I was part of some and it was a great ride hanging on to the shirt tail of this larger than life character who has touched the hearts of so many during his stay on the planet.
His nickname for me was “Norm”or “Suitcase” for obvious reasons ….Whenever we were out his duty was to carry me home,I woke up once on the Tattoo Parlour table about to have a pair of suitcase handles tattooed on my back. I never managed to square the ledger on that one.
Ken had a distinguished career serving in the Royal Australian Navy for 20 years, attaining the rank of “Warrant Officer”. The last position he held in the RAN was hangar officer on Hmas Melbourne not bad for the boy from railway estate in Townsville.
He spent most of his time alternating between Hmas Melbourne and the Naval Air Station at Nowra.
He met his wife Marrilyn there and bought up 4 children there… Nicole Alison Amanda and Christopher.
On completion of his time he moved to Brisbane and settled into running a business specialising in Electronic Test Equipment.
On retiring he covered this great land as a “Grey Nomad” fitting for the colour of his hair…at least he had some.
It was during this time they lost their running mate Eric one can only imagine what that must have been like.
His last position unpaid I might add was the entertainment officer at the complex where he lived they obviously thought a lot of him erecting a monument in his memory at his favourite story telling spot the table of knowledge beside the bbq.
Kens worst car a Toyota Prado it had a 180lt fuel tank it would go from Brisbane to Mollymook on the NSW south coast and halt way back without refuelling Marrilyns problem she wanted to stay alive so she did all the driving Kens problem his prostate couldn’t go the distance. Marrilyn only stopped for fuel.My solution was”Little Johnny”not our former Prime Minister but a device we used whilst flying a bottle with all the bells and whistles I had one in the office brand new still in its container no demonstration required, gave it to Ken I never got to find out the results. Marrilyn you might like to comment would have had a good view from the drivers seat.
I know there are some young sailors and civilians out there, probably not so young any more who have benefited from his ethics…Work hard, play hard and treat others how you would like to be treated. One person comes to mind he went on to become General Manager Engineering at Jetstar.
He has been thru bad times but hung in there emerging from the other side.These are the things that maketh the man.I know the family are hurting but try to remember him as someone you had not someone you lost as he was a mighty man loving husband father and grand father and to the rest of us a true friend who was a delight to be around.Our sincere condolences to Marrilyn and family we wish them all the very best in these difficult times what a loss also spare a thought for Kens family and friends in Townsville.
So today I not only speak for the family, myself and the classes of 63 who have summed up Ken this way,
“Life is so fragile and precious, hale and hearty one day, gone the next…Tragic.
RIP Shipmate, you were a great bloke, great sportsman, Personality and a Runner.
We will all miss you.

Marilyn was accompanied by her immediate family and Ken's brother. There were 5 of our group there, unfortunately Mike Shephard had a major scare on way to service and spent the day in Royal North Shore Hospital in the Angina section. Those who attended were Marrilyn Fielding, Alison Lawrence, Christopher Fielding, Amanda Fielding, Nicole Hutchinson, Jenna Lawrence, Kode Lawrence, James Bryant, Jan Bryant, Lorraine Millard, Anthea Pointer, Phillip Ryles, Ian Schubert, Spook Cairns, Michael Gallagher, Tom Houldsworth, Val Houldsworth, John Hatchman, Lyn Hatchman and Ron Giveen.

Karl Slotboom's Dedication Service held on 19 May 2019

.Good morning, my name is David Cairns and I represent the 1963 HMAS Leeuwin Junior Recruits of which Karl was a member.
Karl was my classmate, my shipmate and my friend and these are my recollections of Karl and his service.
I first met Karl on a train travelling from Melbourne to Perth in July 1963,there were more than 200 15 and 16 year olds on board and we were all on our way to Leeuwin to start our Naval careers. The trip took four days.
When we arrived at Leeuwin we were kitted out and allocated to one of four divisions, Winjan, Nakina, Mokare and Kaiber. Karl and I were allocated to Kaiber. We were accommodated in long wooden barracks called Dongas. They were cold in winter and hot in summer with outside toilets and showers.
After a few months we sat the Educational Test 1...we both failed and were demoted to Winjan four described by one Divisional Officer as the lowest of the low but as luck would have it Winjan was accommodated in the brand new two storey brick donga which had not only inside toilets but inside showers, even the laundry was After this the only way we could go was up and so we did...we went from the ground floor to the first floor and new JRs took our place downstairs they became the lowest of the low.
Our year at Leeuwin was a mixture of academic studies, seamanship, fun, sport and adventure and of course discipline. Karl and I opted for the boat shed and spent many a day rowing and sailing 27 ft whale boats on the Swan river or Cockburn Sound. Other adventures included holidays to Garden and Rottnest Islands and overnight expeditions into the bush of the Swan Valley, these were halcyon days.
On completion of a year at Leeuwin we graduated and were posted to the Daring class Destroyer HMAS Duchess loaned to the RAN after the loss of HMAS Voyager. We spent six months at Williamstown turning Duchess from an RN ship into a RAN ship with daily running, working up exercises and of course nightly runs ashore. Karl spent his time doing general seamanship duties as well as time in the engine and boiler rooms. For many years there was a large portrait in Sydneys Maritime Museum of Karl on the wheel of Duchess.
Early 1965 saw us deployed to the Far East Strategic Reserve as Command Destroyer with the British 24th Escort Squadron operating out of Singapore This is where Karl first experienced active service during Indonesia’s confrontation of Singapore and Malaysia. For the Ordinary seaman this was the first time they had been “Up top”, the Navy’s term for the far east and we were like kids in a lolly shop, sightseeing, duty free shopping and doing what sailors do.
March 65 saw us back in Australia where most of the Ordinary Seaman were posted off to do their specialist courses, Karl was posted to Hmas Cerberus to do a course in Mechanical Engineering.
In September 65 Karl was posted to Hmas Sydney where Karl once again was on active service ferrying Army support units to Vung Tau South Vietnam.
Karl spent 6 months on Sydney and was then posted to Hmas Stuart an anti submarine frigate and spent a year with her. Nine months were spent cruising to Hawaii and up top coming in on the tail end of the confrontation.
Karl was described as a good Stoker, forthright and a big hit with the Engineering Officer.
On discharge Karl worked in Melbournes Film and Television Industry going on to found Illusions Film and Television Studios and workshops in 1977.
Karl was considered a pillar of the Film and Television industry in Melbourne.
Karl crossed the bar on the 20th of June 2018.
Once a sailor always a sailor
Smooth seas mate.

David Cairns R93980
19th of May 2019

Mike Haining's Dedication Service held on 14 October 2018

Mike Haining loved his naval career, the only downside to him was being away from his family.
Mike was the eldest son of John and Mary Haining. He was married to Netta and they have two grown children and four grand children. He always tried to enjoy his family.
Additionally, he always tried to improve his sailing skills and take advantage of living in this great country.
Mike completed his Intermediate Certificate at Muswellbrook High School in November 62 and then joined the Navy as a Junior Recruit in January 1963 at LEEUWIN which is located in Fremantle WA. Mike elected to become a Survey Recorder and on leaving LEEUWIN he posted to VAMPIRE in January 64 which was tasked to assist in the Indonesian Confrontation and later the Vietnam War. On completion of his basic sea training Mike completed his hydro graphic course and posted to the survey ship MORESBY which was serving on the North West Coast during the early days of the iron ore extraction.
In 1971 he was selected for officer training and became a seaman officer, fighter aircraft and anti submarine aircraft controller which meant extensive sea time in guided missile destroyers and the aircraft carrier MELBOURNE. He was fortunate to be included in the crew that went to the UK to take part in the Queen’s Silver Jubilee celebrations in 1977.
Upon return to Australia, Mike was posted in command of the patrol boat BOMBARD and for the next two years was involved in patrols along the East Coast, he also assisted the ABC with some filming and participated in naval exercises off the South Coast in support of major warship activities.
In 1979 Mike completed the Principal Warfare Officers course in the UK and was posted to the guided missile destroyer HMAS Perth where he served as operations officer, combat systems and Anti Air Warfare specialist before returning to the UK for post graduate warfare training in 1981.
Staff Officer postings followed to the Joint Anti Submarine School at Nowra and with the Maritime Commander prior to posting as executive officer of ADELAIDE in 1987. He took part in the Bi-centenary celebrations and escorted the tall ships race between Hobart and Sydney in January 1988. Mike assumed command of Adelaide in that year as the ship prepared for major refit. During his service in ADELAIDE another of our group Gordon Davison served with Mike as his Signals Yeoman which was also his last sea posting.
Mike’s final posting was as Head of the Fleet Training Group on the staff of the Maritime Commander in Sydney. He resigned in 1990 after completing twenty-seven years service having seen active service in the Malay Peninsular, Vietnam, Far East Strategic Reserve and the Middle East.
For the next fifteen years Mike operated an insurance agency in the Upper Hunter but sold it in 2007. During his latter years he has served with Scone Rotary, presided over Scone Horse Week Festival for three years and been actively involved in Legacy.
Mike Haining’s career was a little different from the other 179 boys he enlisted with:
He was the only Survey Recorder in our group,
He was the only Principal Warfare Officer in our group and
He was the only one of our group to Command a Minor and a Major Warship
He should be congratulated on achieving all of these milestones
He is sorely missed

Rob Cavanagh Eulogy for Richard James Lewin

Garden Island Chapel

25 February 2018

On behalf of Mrs. Diana Lewin, her family and fellow members of the Royal Australian Navy, January 1963 Junior Recruit Intake and also Dick's fellow submariners, would like to express our feelings of loss, when Dick passed over the bar.
Dick and I first met each other when employed in Woolworths at Caringbah NSW in 1962. We worked behind different counters in the store and did not know that each of us had applied to enlist in the navy as junior recruits. We met again at HMAS Leeuwin, Fremantle WA when 180 lads assembled to begin our naval training.
Near the completion of basic training, when asked what category we would like to nominate for, unknown to each other, we both choose the radar branch. From memory only 3 lads opted to become part of the operations room personnel.
Dick was posted to HMAS Vampire and I was posted to HMAS Melbourne.
Around 1966/1967, Dick decided to become/join the submariners team, he departed Australia on the P & O liner "Oronsay". I believe that Dick was one of twenty eight single men onboard, man 'o' man, that must have been a long long time at sea without having to partake in any watch keeping duties.
A tale from one of the boat men that had time with Dick-
Rodney Peters served with Slug ( his moniker on Otway), Dick was the boats coxswain, doctor and grocer, (what a tri-fector), the Otway was returning to its base in Sydney from time in SE Asia.
Otway arrived early at Sydney heads and had to anchor overnight in Watson's Bay. Somewhere on the return trip home a truck load of oysters had been procured, so Dick, as the chief coxswain, decided the night was a good time to have an oyster and beer supper. Unfortunately no-one on board had an oyster knife, we only could find a 12 inch chef's knife to open the oysters with. Now it came to be Rod's turn to use the knife to open his share of the supper, somehow the knife slipped out of his hands, went straight thru the oyster and thru his hand that was gripping the oyster, somehow missing anything important, like tendons and such. Anyway Slug, being the ships medico rushed him off to the coxswain's office and getting out the medical kit, commenced to put stitches into the wound. Which required stitches put into either side of his hand, close it up and applied bandages to the wound.
The following morning Otway berths at its home base, HMAS Platypus , Rod goes ashore to greet his wife and children (last night's efforts are totally forgotten), his wife upon sighting the bandaged hand which had blood seeping thru and was the size of a boxing glove, nearly faints. She immediately thought Rod had lost a hand.
Rod ends off his tale, by saying Dick "was a true gentleman and will be missed by all who knew him".
Dick also participated in a fellow submariners "Walk for Kids with Cancer, starting from Coolangatta finishing in Canberra in 2008, this walk was in memory of Robert (Tug) Wilson who went over the bar in 2008, Dick was best man at Bob & Carols wedding in 1966.
Honours and Awards:
Australian Active Service Medal 1945-75 with Clasp 'MALAYSIA'
General Service Medal 1962 with Clasp 'MALAY PENINSULA'
Australian Service Medal 1945-75 with Clasp 'FESR'
Defence Force Service Medal with First Clasp
National Medal
Australian Defence Medal
Pingat Jasa Malaya
Returned from Active Service.
Di tells me that Dick joined the Gatton SES group in 1996 and took on the role of deputy local controller in 2000 and the responsibility of local controller in 2009, he was involved in large scale floods in 2011. We all know what value we place on the men and women in SES in times of great need. Dick was also involved with the local cub group early in time as a resident of Gatton.

Dedication Ceremony for
Godfrey Errol Aldridge

Number: R 93958 Joined: 4th July 1963
Retired: 13th September 1988
Rank: Leading Radio Operator

HMA Ships:
Leeuwin Yarra
Albatross Brisbane
Sydney Hobart
Cerberus Kuttabul FHQ
Harman Waterhen
Sydney Perth
Duchess Kuttabul
Albatross Platypus
Platypus Kuttabul
Duchess Hobart
Kuttabul Kuttabul
Brisbane Vampire
Kuttabul Perth
Morteon Brisbane
Kuttabul FHQ
Civvie Street

My Story
I first met Godfrey (affectionately known as Checkers), in Brisbane in July 1963, when all the Queensland contingent met to sign on the dotted line, and travel to HMAS Leeuwin in Perth, Western Australia.

The journey was to be by train and would take 7 days to get there. What an adventure it was to be travelling so far, for most of us at only 16 years of age, our first trip anywhere from our homes.

Once we got to Leeuwin it didn’t take long to get acquainted with Navy training, and all that went with it. As time progressed, we started to form mateships in our new environment of over 300 men. Some of these mateships have lasted a lifetime, and still continue today.

Checkers was my mate for the rest of his days on this planet.

The training at Leeuwin was both physical and mental, and we lapped it up… eventually! The big focus was on sport and physical fitness, which helped everything else that followed.

Checkers got into rugby and he was a formidable opponent on the field. You knew it, if you ever ran into him, because it was like hitting a brick wall. He was tough and determined and stubborn.

After Leeuwin we moved on to join the fleet and we served together in HMAS Sydney in 1964, and later, Yarra, in 1973. During the following years in our careers we progressed to sharing our lives with someone special and a new family life was born apart from the Navy. Checkers special lady was Phyllis.

Checkers and I kept in touch all through our lives and met up as opportunity allowed. Sam Semfel and I visited him on numerous occasions at Lee Place and in hospital.

Unfortunately, his reluctance to seek medical attention cost him dearly and he eventually lost his leg. From then on, he was a bit of a terrorist in a wheel chair and, don’t get in his way! The staff at Lee Place where he resided were well aware of his capabilities, so much so that on his passing they wrote on his card “we hope he is not in heaven when we get there”.

For me, I can picture him telling St Peter he is playing in the front row of God’s rugby team and there is no way he will play as lock forward. End of story! This was Checkers.

In summing up I would like to say that, Checkers was a good mate. He tried his best in most things he undertook in his life – sometimes in the wrong direction - but that was his path and he was, often, unwilling to make a change. I hope he is now in a pain free place and at peace.

To those of us that remain I would like to share this little passage with you because I think it sums up Checkers to a tee. And it goes like this:

Remember me as you pass by,
For as you are so was I,
For as I am you will be,
Prepare yourselves to follow me.

My thanks to everyone, especially to Phyllis and her family for allowing me to say farewell to Checkers. Also, to Ron Giveen for making these dedication events possible for us all.

Thank you everyone and happy days.

And in this house as they say in the classics:
The Glory goes to God.

Dick Lewin - Dedication Plaque Ceremony

Good afternoon Ron,

Thank you very much for arranging to have Richard's name etc. placed on the Memorial Wall in the chapel at Garden Island. I'm sure we were all moved by the beautiful service run by Chaplain Simote Finau of the Royal Australian Navy, a compassionate speaker whose words were appreciated by us all.

We were very lucky that Rob Cavenagh and his wife Sandra were able to be with us at the service. Rob delivered a wonderful eulogy, which we enjoyed hearing. I'm sure his words would have made Richard smile.

It was also good to catch up with Carol, who I had not seen since the inaugural Walk For Kids With Cancer 10 years ago. After the service we all enjoyed a delicious morning tea at the Naval Historical Society.

I have attached a photo of the plaque dedicated to Richard, a lasting memorial of his time in the RAN and something of which I think he would have been very proud. Also attached is a picture of me with Bayley - Richard's youngest grandson and Ian - his younger son.

Ian and our family join me in thanking you again for making the weekend possible, we do appreciate your efforts.

Very best wishes - Di 😊

The pics from Di are on our Facebook Page

Garden Island
Chapel of Remembrance

The Naval Chapel at Garden Island is the oldest chapel of the Royal Australian Navy. It was established in 1902 in a converted sail loft, and has stained glass windows and plaques from that era to the present.
The main chapel is on the upper level of the building, accessed by a winding staircase from the main entrance. The Chapel of Remembrance was incorporated into the space in 1996 during a modernisation of the building.
The Chapel of Remembrance was established to meet an ongoing need within some families of past serving members to enable them to create a lasting memorial to a member’s service as an expression of affection and grief.

The Chapel of Remembrance occupies an area under the main chapel. It was officially opened on 25 August 1996 by Rear Admiral David Campbell, AM RAN, Flag Officer Naval Support Command, and dedicated by Principal Chaplains Michael Holtz AM RANR, Gareth Clayton RAN and Chaplain J.F.B. Connelly RAN.
There is an earthy atmosphere with a sandstone plinth forming the basis of the altar and rough-hewn wooden columns giving a natural feeling to the space. The front wall is faceted to allow memorial plaques to be placed on the wooden screens.
Any former serving member of the Royal Australian Navy or Women’s Royal Australian Naval Service, regardless of rank, rate or time served may have a plaque dedicated to them.
The concept embodied in the memorial is that members are united through their common purpose of serving Australia. Every sailor and officer contributes to the efficient performance of the Navy’s duty in peace and war and has been an essential to the operation of Her Majesty’s Australian Ships.

Plaque Order Instruction

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the placing of a memorial plaque in the Chapel of Remembrance.

The policy followed by the administrators is to place 160mm by 100mm brass plaques inscribed with the following details: Service Number and Rank, Full name, Serving time e.g. 19**- 19**, Date of Death and Age at Death.

The formatting of the plaque is shown on the enclosed order form. This office will arrange supply on your behalf at the current cost of $40.00 this price covers the engraving of up to eighty characters. Please transfer the funds to the following account:

Please send a copy of the deposit slip and the completed enclosed plaque order form. Please print clearly on the form.
If necessary, you may verify Service details at the office of Navy records:

Department of Defence
Navy Records
Queanbeyan Annex
Ph: (02) 6266 5967 - Fax: (02) 6266 5851

You will be advised when the plaque has been engraved and is to be placed in the Chapel.
All correspondence may be sent via email or mail at:
Command Chaplaincy Centre
HMAS Kuttabul Building
67, 14-16 Wylde Street
Potts Point NSW 2011
Phone (02) 9359 3760 - Fax (02) 9359 2782

Our office opening hours are Monday – Thursday: 0730 – 1600,
Friday: 0730 – 1330. The office is closed on Saturday and Sunday.


Name ___________________________________________________________________________________
Address ___________________________________________________________________________________ Suburb _____________________________________________________________________________ State__________________________________________________Postcode______________________
Contact Telephone______________________________ Mobile ____________________________________
Email ______________________________________________________________________________
Relation of donor to Service member _______________________________________________________________

Rank ____________________________________________________________________________
Name ____________________________________________________________________________
Years of Service From ________________________________ To ___________________________________
Date of Death ________________________________Age at death_______________________________
Service number of member ________________________________________________________
(Note: In the early years of the RAN, Officers were not given Service Numbers)

HMAS Kuttabul

Arrival Instruction for Visitors

Please read the instruction below carefully prior to your arrival at HMAS Kuttabul.
1 - Please park your vehicles in the South Block Car Park as instructed in the picture below. The North Block Car Park is not to be used. No vehicles are to be driven directly into the base. Your vehicle will be stopped at the boom gate at the car park for checking and you may be asked for your photo IDs.
2 - ALL visitors (including those who are walking or using public transport) are to meet at the entrance of this car park - and not at the naval base entrance office. The bus is organized to pick visitors up from the Car park only.
3 - There will be a Defence member in uniform at the South block with the guest list to help facilitate the event and help you with any enquiries. Please ensure once arrived, that you informed him/her to have your name (and names of any others arriving with you) ticked off.
4 - Shuttle bus service commences at 09:00 AM. The service commences at 10:00 AM. Due to the number of guests attending and the distance from the pick-up point to the Chapel, please consider arriving at least 15 minutes prior to the starting of the Service.

1. South Block Car Park
2. Shuttle bus Pick-up point – located near the entrance/exit of South Park CarPark.
3. North Clock Car Park – not to be used.

Eulogy Requests: Service & Personnel Records : Department of Defence › Service & Personnel Records
Australian Government, Department of Defence Personnel and Service Records.

Access to records
For former serving members
If you are a former serving member, or their next of kin, you can obtain a copy of the record of postwar RAN service from the Defence Archives Centre, phone 1800 333 362 or email:

From the National Archives
The National Archives can provide access to post-1970 Navy service records.

Please be aware that under our legislation, Archives Act 1983, the National Archives may only release records which are in the open access period.

Post-1970 Naval Personnel Establishment and Management System (NPEMS) records are held by the Department of Defence in Canberra. We request records from Defence to answer your inquiry.

Records, if located, will be temporarily transferred to the National Archives' Canberra office. This process may take up to three months.

Once a record has been received by our Canberra office, you may choose to purchase a copy. Copying charges will apply. Alternatively, you may view the record in the Canberra reading room of the National Archives at no cost.

To request a post-1970 Navy service record, please use our general reference inquiry form.

Good morning my name is Ian Schubert an ex CPO Signals Yeoman & would like to speak on behalf to LTO Garry Pyke.

LTO Garry George Pyke – R94102

Gary Pyke joined the RAN on the 8th July 1963 (7th intake) as a 16 year old Junior Recruit at HMAS Leeuwin for an initial engagement of 12 years.
On completion of his Junior Recruit Training at HMAS Leeuwin he was then drafted to the type 12 Frigate HMAS Yarra in June 1964 as an Ordinary Seaman Communications Operator until September 1965. During this time Garry saw service in the Indonesian Confrontation and FESR.
Garry’s next draft was to HMAS Cerberus to undertake in his Communications Specialization Training. The category Garry selected was that of a Tactical Operator later to be renamed Signalman. This meant he was employed using Flag hoists, Signal Lights and Semaphore. He was also employed on the bridge and in the operations room manning tactical voice circuits for manoeuvring of ships during specific operations and advising the command of incoming signals and deciphering their meanings plus other seaman like duties. In shore establishments he was employed operating the inter ship circuits and landlines circuits within the Naval Communication Tape Relay Network as well as cryptographic duties as required.
On completion of his basic Communications Training at HMAS Cerberus Garry was drafted to HMAS Sydney (June 1966 to May 1968) as a Tactical Operator during which time Sydney was involved in the ferrying of troops to Vietnam (Vung Tau Ferry).
After Sydney he was posted to HMAS Kuttabul from May 1968 to Jan 1970 working in the Kuttabul Comcen.
From Jan 1970 to March 1972 Garry was drafted to the Staff of FOCAF (Flag Officer Commanding the Australian Fleet).
His next draft (March 1972 to Nov 1974) was to 9th Signal Regiment (ANZUK) located at HMS Terror in Singapore.
Garry was then posted HMAS Cerberus November 1974 to July 1975.
During Garry’s service he was awarded the following Medals
1963 GSM (Borneo), Active Service Medal, Vietnam Logistics Service Medal, Australian Service Medal, Australian Defence Medal and the Indonesian PJM.
Garry took his discharge on 7 July 1975 as a Leading Signalman (LTO).
Before I close I have two reflections from mates that I would like to read out.

From Glen Butler – Ex LSSIG
I worked with Garry Pyke on Admirals Staff with Shorty Ward (also passed over the bar) CCY was Banjo Peterson and I recall fondly the "Famous Carlton Collingwood grand final" Watching with Pykie and a few other mates in Sydney when Jezza took the famous mark and ended Collingwood’s premiership hopes. He (with the rest of us) got so excited we spent the remainder of the day at the Rockers followed by a pleasant interface with the opposite sex at the BOGNOR hotel
A day to remember with a mate I will always remember.
Glen Butler

From Nick Bryant – Ex LSRO
We both served in Singapore in 1973-1974 as part of the NINTH ANZUK SIGNAL REGIMENT.
He told me that he and his future wife met at a VFL Richmond footy game as they were both part of the Richmond Cheer Squad. So while in Singapore we were hanging out to see a game when we got back to Aust. Well the three of us went to a Richmond game in 1975 after coming home, at the MCG and I have to tell you that it was probably the worst game of football any of the three of us had ever seen. But then again when you have been away for 2 years maybe our expectations were too high, but boy it was a bad game.
Gary always had a warming smile with a glint in his eye and loved to tell a dit. When he spoke to anyone they always felt encircled by his conversation and this fellow JR sorely misses him.

Happy memories of him
Nick Bryant R93976.
Thank you,
RIP Garry
Lest We Forget

Pics from Eddie Sheavils, Butch Cousins and Gary Pyke's dedication service on 21 June 15. Coldest day in Sydney in 2 years. Was cold and wet, most bolted from service to have morning tea as it was so cold. On completion Butch's family spread his ashes nearby. On completion of the morning tea, we retired to the 'Rockers'. A big day for the families. Apologies for the poor photography and lack of pics. More than half I took I had to ditch. I was the photographer. cheers Ron

Dedications The Dedication plaque ceremonies will be held for Eddie Sheavils, Butch Cousins and Gary Pyke on 21 June commencing at 1000. Gary Angel is speaking on behalf of Eddie Sheavils, Spook will be speaking for Butch and Schubes for Gary. On completion pics will be taken on the front steps, then morning tea is served in Garden Island, then we retire to the Rockers for a lunch. Put it in your diary and let me know of your availability.

The Service went off splendidly with Mick Gallagher and myself representing Squizzy. Squizzy’s niece Kirsty Mailer gave a moving speech quoting a letter he had written to her prior to his death.

I thought the audience was spellbound and Squizzy would have been looking down with great pride.

We then attended a splendid morning tea provided by the Royal Australian Navy Communication Branch. This was followed by a couple of drinks and lunch at the Rockers prior to Trevor’s Sisters Jaye and Vicky and his niece Kirsty departing for the airport to catch their respective flights home.

In all a great day.


Two sisters Jaye and Vicky and neice Kirsty with MIck Gallagher and Schubes

Photo courtesy of Ian Schubert

Eulogy presented by Kirsty Mailer (neice) for Trevor (Squizzy) Taylor

Since we have been sharing “nicknames” today, I’ll share with you that my Uncle Trevor’s nickname within our family was “GUT” – he had a few great nieces and nephews, and “Great Uncle Trevor” was too much of a mouthful for young people to say, so we shortened it to “GUT”. I won’t refer to him as GUT today though!
A few years ago I asked Uncle Trevor to start writing his story, I’ve been asked to share a bit of that story with you today.
He wrote:
“When I first arrived – HMAS Leeuwin, I thought they were trying to kill me (honestly). You have to remember I was not yet 16.
Everything started from Day 1. You had to run everywhere, 2hrs of PT every morning except Sunday – because on Sunday you had to go to Church.
When we left at the end of the year I reckon we would’ve been the fittest 16 year olds around.
The day started at 6 & ended at 6, then you had to do things like homework from lessons, washing & ironing & studying and find time to have tea. Bit of a shock for a 16 year old.
I got the best advice about the Navy that I ever had & it turned out to be absolutely true: ‘Don’t judge the Navy by only this first year, because what they are trying to do is weed out the people they don’t want, they would rather you throw in the towel here – not after, when you could be on a ship in action somewhere. Better now than then’ How true that was.
Also – don’t start judging until after your branch course – then you will be posted to a ship as a full member of the crew – Now start judging.
Truer words could not have been said.
The branch I wanted was Sonar & having completed the course at Watson’s Bay I was posted to HMAS Vampire. I was on her for 2 years, Oct 65 – Oct 67 & it was by far
the best ship, best Captain, and best crew – that I served on in 12 years. None of the other crews were like the Vampire”.
When I asked Uncle Trevor about his proudest moment in the Navy – he said “I suppose it would be receiving the 2 certificates, signed by the P.M. for service in Vietnam and the Indonesian Confrontation & finally getting all the medals I was due. No matter how old you get, you seem to stand up straighter in an ANZAC Day march with your Medals on. You can’t feel the rain on your face, but you can hear the crowd clapping”.
Uncle Trevor was an avid reader, loved a good documentary and always posted us interesting articles and photos from the newspaper. But the best conversations that I enjoyed with him were not about current news items or general knowledge topics, it was about his story, his life and his experiences.
It is said that Death is merely a transition in life, like getting orders for a new assignment. We who remain are left with sorrow & grief but we find comfort in knowing he has been called to a more important assignment than what we had for him here.

Eulogy presented by Schubes on our behalf

Trevor “Squizzy” Taylor

Trevor Taylor was born in Adelaide on 3 February 1947.
At the age of 15. Trevor entered the Royal Australian Navy on 7 January 1963 in Adelaide as part of the South Australian Contingent to join HMAS Leeuwin as the 6th intake of Junior Recruits.
On arrival at HMAS Leeuwin the first thing we were greeted with was getting our kit issued and this was an experience to behold for all of us. Utter mayhem to say the least and Trevor experienced this.
Each Junior Recruit was allocated to a Division named after prominent Aborigines from the Western Australian region. Our Division was known as MOKARE 2.
The living conditions were by today’s standards very Spartan and the training rigorous.
Trevor like the rest of us survived his time at Leeuwin and I am sure it prepared us for what was to come during our careers
In Mid-December we graduated from JRTE and Trevor was posted to HMAS Melbourne and joined the ship in Mid-January 1964 as an Ordinary Seaman UC at age 16. Our intake was the first JR intake to go to sea as ordinary seamen under training.
On the 10 February 1964 Trevor like all of us on board Melbourne would experience the collision between HMAS Melbourne & HMAS Voyager with the loss of HMAS Voyager & 82 lives and this would change Trevor’s life immensely.
On completion of his time on HMAS Melbourne in mid-December 1964, Trevor was then posted to HMAS Watson for his Torpedo & Anti-Submarine course specialising in Underwater Control. On completion of this training Trevor had various postings at sea and ashore. During this time Trevor saw service in the Indonesian Confrontation, Vietnam and the FESR.
Trevor took his discharge at HMAS Waterhen as a Leading Seaman UC on 6 January 1975 completing 12 years in the RAN.
Unfortunately after Trevor’s discharge we lost contact with each other until hearing of his passing on 12 December 2013.
RIP Mate.
I would like now to call on Kirsty Mailer Trevor’s Niece to say a few words.


Trevor (Squizzy) Taylor passed away 10 December 2013 a dedication ceremony will be held at Garden Island Chapel Sunday 22 June 2014 commencing at 1000. Please let me know if you intend to attend.

Ian (Jessie) James - Passed away in August 2011. A dedication ceremony will be held at Garden Island Chapel on Sunday 14 July. Please let me know if you intend to attend, I need to forward names to security to allow access to the Island.

Annie Oakley, John Shinn and Bernie Lawson

Bernie Lawson.

We survived the so called perils of a year at "Leeuwin" together and then joined HMAS Melbourne in January of 1964. It was close to Bernie’s seventeenth birthday, we were young and excited about our first cruise. We witnessed the collision between Melbourne and HMAS Voyager, spent time in Cockatoo dry dock and eventually got back to sea again in July.

Bernie was a jovial bloke, I use the term Bloke because he was a mans'
man, He enjoyed a beer with his mates and loved his footy.
Matter of fact at that time of our lives we were not supposed to frequent those premises that sold the evil drink, but being in uniform this gave us right of passage as we tried to become immune to its effects.

We walked through the Cross together for mutual protection, Bernie was a big unit for his age and I certainly appreciated it at times. He didn't mind a pie and peas at Harry's either and if Greg or Michelle have not visited this hallowed establishment then may be on this trip to Sydney.

I remember in Hong Kong when he had this giant Eagle tattooed on his chest, I tried my hardest to talk him out of it but to no avail, he was determined to have it. I suffered with him when the tattoo became septic but he braved it out in silence.

We joined HMAS Albatross later that year, Bernie became a Naval air mechanic and a good one, and because of his size he attracted a few rugby league talent scouts from the Nowra area. Not quite sure if he went to a civilian club or stayed with the Albatross team. We separated about this time I went on to Cerberus whilst Bernie joined one of the Squadrons. He was well liked and made many friends.

Over the years we didn't live in each other’s pocket, but drifted into each other every now and again. It was always a great meeting, two mates with a common history, remember this, remember that, how are you mate. As the years progressed we went our different ways with Bernie joining other squadrons to those I was on. We had a farewell drink together when he left the outfit in 1975, he had done his time and was off to the Bauxite mines of Gove.

We never met again but I heard occasionally from mutual friends at reunions and other functions how he was travelling. It was in the late nineties that I received a letter from a solicitor in Melbourne asking if I knew Bernie before and after the Voyager collision. Bernie died not long afterwards in WA. I didn't get the chance to appear in court for him or my real concern to meet up with him again.

He was a good honest man who loved his family, a good joke and a beer

Vale Bernie, always in my mind.....and in my heart. May this plaque
last friend.

/High Flight/

/Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings.
Sunward I've climbed and joined the tumbling mirth Of sun split clouds - and done a hundred things You have not dreamed of; wheeled and soared and swung High in the sunlit silence. Hovering there I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung My eager craft through footless halls of air; Up, up the long delirious burning blue I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace, Where never lark nor even eagle flew; And while, with silent lifting mind I've trod The high, untrespassed sanctity of space Put out my hand and touched the face of God./

By tom Houldsworth 3 October 2010

James Vincent Michael Dansey

Leading Radio Operator


James Vincent Michael Dansey was born in Launceston Tasmania on the 23rd of August 1947,the third of six children to Dudley and Loris Dansey.He was raised and educated there and joined the Royal Australian Navy aged 15 on the 7th 0f July 1963.Jim had been selected to train as a junior recruit at the Junior Recruit Training Establishment at HMAS Leeuwin Fremantle WA.
After a four day train tripJim,in company with 175 other 15 and 16 year olds, arrived at Leeuwin on the 12th of July 63.
Hmas Leeuwin has been described by some as being like a private school and we as privileged students,others would beg to differ.
For Jim it was the start of a year of intensive training where he would study maths,english, physics,socialstudies,navigation,NBCD and Naval Indocrination along with the mandatory parade ground and rifle drill,sailing and boat pulling,overnight expeditions,holidays on Garden Island and plenty of sport and of course weekend leave,overnight if you had a sponsor.
Jim graduated from JRTE HMAS Leeuwin in June 1963.
Those 12 months at Leeuwin gave us some of the most memorable times of our lives and made us better people.
47 years later the 1963 JR's still meet regularly to remember our Leeuwin days and those who have gone before us.
In July 1964 Jim was posted as an ordinary seaman radio operator to HMAS Duchess,a Daring class destroyer that had been lent to the RAN following the loss of HMAS Voyager four months earlier.Six months were spent turning Duchess from RN to RAN.
In early 65 Jim,now 17 was on active service during the Indonesian confrontation of Malaysia.
Back in Australia in April , Jim was posted to HMAS Cerberus to commence his radio operators course.
On completion he was posted to HMAS Melbourne in February 66 as a radio operator/watchkeeper where he remained for the next two and a half years.During this time Jim was once again on active service in Vietnam and with the Far East Strategic Reserve.He was in Melbourne when she went to the US to pick up the Skyhawks and Trackers........a good trip.
After Melbourne Jim was posted to HMAS Cresswell at Jervis Bay.His duties here included being the RO on the Sea Air Rescue boats.He remained there for five months and was then posted to HMAS Melville at Darwin in January1969.Jim spent 12 months there then back to Cerberus for training as a Patrol Boat RO.
In March 1970 he was posted to the Attack class Patrol Boat Aware.
Jim spent 15 months in Aware and in mid 1971 he was selected for submarine training in the UK.
Jim remained in submarines for the rest of his Naval career.Jim served in Ovens,Oxley,Otway and Orion as well as HMAS Platypus.
Jim paid off on the 4th of January1979 and joined the RAAF the following day.
Jim served on the sea,under the sea and in the air.
He was a founding member of the Victorian branch of the Submarine Association.
Jim crossed the bar on the11th of May 1994.He was survived by his wife Georgie and their three daughters Katie,Emily and sarah and five siblings.
Jim was a well liked and respected member of the Royal Australian Navy and served his country well.

Dave (Spook) Cairns 3 Oct 2010

James William Donsworth
Born 29/6/47 Died 24/2/67

Jim was born on the 29th of June 1947 the eldest son of Bill and Doreen Donsworth
Jim grew up with the navy in his blood. His father Bill was a signalman on the Corvette HMAS Colac for three and a half years during the 2nd World War.
After the war Bill was actively involved in the formation and running of the HMAS Colac Association and later the Royal Australian Navy Corvettes Association.
The Donsworth house was steeped in all things naval .
In 1962 Bill encouraged Jim to apply to join the Navy through the Junior Recruit Training Establishment at HMAS Leeuwin in Western Australia .
I first met Jimmy Donsworth when we were both excited 15 year olds going through the selection process for JRTE at HMAS Rushcutter at Rushcutters Bay in Sydney in the latter half of 1962.Unfortunately we missed out on the 6th intake but were told to come back in early 1963 for consideration for the 7th intake .
We were subsequently accepted for the 7th intake and 54 of us took the oath on the 7th of July 1963.This was the start of OUR great Adventure.
We were issued with train tickets as long as your arm and taken to Central Station There we met up with the Queenslanders,
Farewelled our families boarded the train and headed off to Melbourne to pick up the Victorians and thence to Adelaide for the South Australians.
By the time we left Adelaide we had 175
15 and 16 year olds on board and still three days to go, well into our great adventure and getting our first taste of naval discipline
We arrived at HMAS Leeuwin on the 12th of JulyAnd experienced some more naval discipline. Hmas Leeuwin has been described by some as being like an exclusive private school and we as privileged students,others would beg to differ.
For Jim it was the start of a year of intensive training where he would study math,English ,physics ,social studies, navigation,seamanship, NBCD and Naval Indocrination,along with the Mandatory parade ground and rifle drill,sailing and boat pulling,overnight expeditions , holidays on Garden Island and of course weekend leave,overnight if you had a sponsor.
Sport played a prominent part in Jim's life at Leeuwin but soccer was his great love ,he excelled at it and he continued to play it all through his naval career.He was also a good boxer as some of those here can attest.
Those 12 months at Leeuwin gave us some of the most memorable times of our lives and made us better people.
In mid 1964 Jim graduated from Leeuwin and was posted to HMAS Duchess ,a Daring Class Destroyer that had been lent to the RAN following the loss of HMAS Voyager four months earlier
Jim had posted out as an Ordinary Seaman Mechanical Engineer but soon found himself on the end of a Jason gun chipping and painting.
The crew of Duchess spent many months turning an RN ship into an RAN ship inside and out. We spent about 7 months in Melbourne refitting the ship and as 17 year olds and under age we were very keen to emulate those around us. Melbourne to us was such a big and exciting city and we wanted to experience everything it had to offer. Jim and I had some legendary runs ashore only surpassed by those in Singapore some months later.
The routine on Duchess became one of daily running, out in the morning testing and exercising all systems then back in the afternoon and off to the Club. A spick and span Duchess finally left Williamstown Dockyard early in 1965 engaging herself in working up exercises en route to Sydney . Jim's duties were typical of an Ordinary Seaman in those days cleaning,polishing and still chipping and painting .Watchkeeping duties included tricks on the wheel,the telegraphs , lifebouy sentry and lookout. Jim was one of the lucky ones and was put in the engineering watches once he went to sea,although even down the hole one had to clean,polish and chip and paint. Arriving at Garden Island in February1965,Jim had a quick reunion with his family and then he was off again with Duchess to join the
Far East Strategic Reserve at singapore. The Indonesian Confrontation of Malaysia was then in full swing and Duchess was engaged in some patrolling whilst there. Duchess finished her period on the Strategic Reserve and returned to Australia arriving in Sydney in May 1965. At this point all the Ordinary seaman were posted off to various shore depots for our branch training,Jim going to HMAS Cerberus to commence a mechanical engineers course. At Cerberus he studied everything from steam boilers,steam engines both reciprocating and turbines,evaporators,diesel engines,steam catapults,steering gear,gear boxes and anything else they could stuff in a ship that didn't shoot bullets or electrocute you.That stuff was for greenies and dib dabs.A great deal of the training was on the Castlemaine an old decommissioned corvette of world war 2 vintage,it had the best maintained engine and boiler room in the navy being constantly pulled apart and put back together again.
Jim graduated in the upper half of his class in may 1966 and was then posted to HMAS Sydney a Majestic class fast troop transport. That year saw him do one trip to Vietnam and in the latter part he was posted to HMAS Melbourne a majestic class Aircraft Carrier. Whilst on Melbourne Jim was promoted to Leading Mechanical Engineer and worked on the Flight deck's steam catapult . On the 24th 0f February 1967 after a tragic accident Jim crossed the bar, he was 19. He remained,till the end, a loving son a dedicated and committed member of the Royal australian Navy and a well liked and respected man.
At 1735 on the 21st of March 1967 Jim's ashes were scattered over the wreck of the Voyager 20 nautical miles off Point Perpendicular in the position 35 degrees 6 minutes South 151 degrees 5 minutes East. He shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary him
Nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We will remember him.
Lest we forget

David Cairns
R93980 7th intake JRTE
HMAS Leeuwin 1963 4/3/2007

Photos provided by Mick Gallagher - A photo of the group that attended the five dedications on Sunday 3 October 2010

Chaplain Paddy Sykes and Bongo diBetta as Bongo is reading the eulogy prepared by Hector Hart for Skull Boden

4 October 2010

The dedication ceremony was held on Sunday. Bernie Lawson, Peter Walsh, Jim Dansey, Malcolm Johnston and Skull Boden were remembered and dedicated. Bernies family came over from the West, his wife Lyn, daughter Michelle, son Greg and grandson Max. Jim Dansey was also represented by two members of the Submarine Association, Jim Bryant and Geoff Anderson, he also was remembered by Army Captain Jason Urquhart (son of EXLSUC Andrew 'Butch' Urquhart) and LSCSO Trevor Hayes of HMAS DARWIN a mate of Jim's. Mal Ritchie spoke on behalf of Pete Walsh, Bongo diBetta stood in for Hector Hart on behalf of Skull Boden, Mick Gallagher stood in for Tom Houldsworth on behalf of Bernie Lawson, John Tant spoke on behalf of Malcom Johnston and I stood in for Spook Cairns to speak on behalf of Jim Dansey. Steven Martens, Larainne Tant, Larry Kent and Jo diBetta were also in attendance.

Apologies were received from Tom Houldsworth, Spook Cairns, Mike Hogan, Hector Hart, Tom Kinross, Peewee Petherick, Tank Evans, Peter Sutton, Terry Dack and Ian Schubert.

20 June 2010

Received advice from Senior Chaplain RAN Paddy Sykes the dedication ceremony for Bernie Lawson, Jim Dansey, Peter Walsh, Mal Johnston and Skull Boden will be held at 1400 on 3 October at GI Chapel.

16 May 2010
Applications has been forwarded to Command Chaplain for Mal Johnston. Still awaiting news on the dedication dates from the CC. Bongo has volunteered to sponsor a plaque for Rex Geoghan.

16 Apr 2010
Applications for dedication plaques have been forwarded for Bernie Lawson, Jim Dansie, Pete Walsh and Skull Boden. Awaiting advice on date of service from Command Chaplain. John Tant is forwarding details for Mal Johnson. The chapel at GI has a lot of scaffolding around it still, consequently I expect the service could still be a few months away.

27 March
Bernie Lawson and Jim Dansie - waiting advice. Pete Walsh's application being forwarded 28 Mar. Chasing up details for Skull Boden.

3 March,

Bernie Lawson Still awaiting advice from the Command Chaplain, expected post June 2010. An application for Jim Dansey has beeen forwarded. Pete Walsh's details are being chased up.

25 November 2009

Bernie Lawson Advice has been received from the Command Chaplain indicating the dedication service will be held in the New Year.

Dedication Plaques for Jim Dansey and Peter Walsh are going through the processes.

17 August 2009

Mike Hogan has forwarded some photos of Gary's dedication.

2 August 2009

Gary Hardman's dedication was conducted successfully on 26 July. Spook Cairns, Mike Hogan and Magoo Magnuson attended. Mick Gallagher forwarded his apologies as he was OS. Spook reports the ceremony was appreciated by Garry's family.

19 June 2009

Just received news Gary Hardman's dedication ceremony is scheduled to be held at the Garden Island Navy Chapel at 1400 on Sunday 26 July 2009. If you wish to attend please contact me at with name and car rego if applicatle by 16 July.

Dress Coat and medals

19 April 2009

We had the dedication ceremony today for Mumbles and Gary Devlin. All Gary's living relations bar one who is in the States attended the ceremony. Mike Hogan and Phil Narramore spoke on his behalf, with Phil donating the money to pay for the dedication plaque. Mumbles wife Gail and daughter Jakelin were in Queensland representing NSW in Dragon Boating. Gail has indicated she intends to visit the Chapel. Magoo spoke on behalf of Mumbles and paid for the dedication plaque. The three speakers did themselves proud.

A mistake on the service programme indicated Gary died in 1986 aged 77. Mike Hogan was looking for him under the pews. Julie, his wife reckons he is still around and arranged the typo.

Apologies were given for Schubes who is in the Middle East working and Derby Munroe who was a shipmate of both Gary and Mumbles.

Besides Mike, Phil and Magoo, other 63er's who attended were Brissles Lassau, Spook Cairns, Mick Gallagher and myself. Mick as you know has recently had a hip replacement. He is recovering rapidly, is no longer using crutches but is using a cane. Photos of the event will be included in the Dedications page of the website when Mick and Mike forward their photos.

What a good looking bunch of roosters

The Devlin family and again those roosters

Dedication Status 12 March 2009

Advice has been received the plaque dedications ceremony for Mumbles Aldenhoven and Gary Devlin will be held at the GI Chapel on Sunday 19 April at 1400. Please note the time is 1400.

If you intend attending please contact me at or tele 02 99711991 0410529797. If required, I can coordinate entry into GI. Alternately, contact Elaine Cleary at or 02 9359 2782 .

Dress Coat and medals

The intention is to arrive in time to have a look at the Chapel and the dedication plaques insitu inside the chapel, on completion of the service have group photographs taken on the steps of the Chapel, then proceed to Rockers to have a farewell drink and honour our shipmates.

Please note Gary Hardman's dedication is not in this round.



Dedication Status 26 Feb 09

Forwarded information required for dedication and cheque to Command Chaplain for Gary Hardman.

Awaiting response from CC now on:


Gary Devlin and

Gary Hardman

Spook looking into Jack Danzey and Tom Houldsworth looking into Bernie Lawson.

Dedication Status 14 Dec 08

Awaiting response from Command Chaplain on Dedication date for Mumbles and Gary Devlin. Julie Devlin has made contact and indicated she and her son and daughter would like to attend.

Spook Cairns made inital contact with Garry's Hardmans wife Sharon. She is very happy for dedication to continue. Jack Davey is running with eulogy; have received some help but would still like more info on Garry when he was in the Puss. When we have all info we will make application to Command Chaplain.

Have to take action on Jim Dansey




Dedication ceremonies were held for Dave Quinlan and Bill Vass on Sunday 31 August 2008.

Those of our group who attended:

Mike Hogan, Spook Cairns, Mike Shephard, Woody Woodward, Russel Dale, Doug Wilson, Jim Clegg, Mick Gallagher, Magoo Magnuson, Bongo DiBetta and myself. Apologies were received from Ian Schubert, Wayne Chapman and Brissles Lassau.

Mike Hogan spoke on behalf of Dave and Terry Rowe a Dental Sailor spoke on behalf of Bill. Both eulogies went over very well.

On completion of the service, we all had our photos taken and then Bill's ashes were scattered at the Fleet Landing which is adjacent the old Dental Surgery.

We then proceeded to the Mess. Sad to say the beer in the Mess was warm, so we had a drink, welcomed all to the Mess and the after ceremony, then went down to Rockers for lunch. Good day was had by all.

Dont forget the proforma under.........

Bank details
1963 REUNION HMAS LEEUWIN BSB NO 032003 Account No 307469


Full Name………………………………………………………….……….

Date of Birth…………………

Service Number ………………….. Date Enlisted ……………………….

Date Discharged ……………………. Rank at Discharge ……………….

DRAFTS/POSTINGS and dates if known




NOK details…and anyone else you would like to attend ………………

Please return vide electronically or snail mail